Monday, 13 February 2012

Cookbooks for Athletes

I am currently in training. This means I am watching my diet right now. The only thing is I tend to get very bored at mealtimes during periods of intensive training. Food starts to get very samey.

So I decided to do a bit of a web search for recipes. My search headed off in a bit of a tangent and I came across this great article about how to market a cookbook on a site called AuthorHouse Writer Advice Center. This article talked about how cookbook authors can promote themselves and their books by doing live cooking demonstrations and other things in the gym.

I thought this was a great idea. As an athlete, I am at the gym a great deal and it just so happens I am looking for some new recipes to add to my exercise menu. I got so excited about it I actually posted on a couple of blogs I was reading about food!

So I came to a couple of conclusions.

1. I think I might write my own cookbook for athletes and promote it at the gym.
2. I think I want to find out more about self-publishing with AuthorHouse. Sounds like they have some very interesting ideas.

I'll let you know more when I have found out!

No comments:

Post a Comment